How to Break Down a Complex Feature Into Smaller Manageable Chunks
What is the Importance of Breaking Down a Feature Into Manageable Chunk?
Breaking down a feature into manageable chunks can make it easier for the user to understand. It also allows for better planning and time management.
This is because the user can see how much time they need to spend on each chunk and what they need to do next. This will help them stay on track with their project.
3 Advantages of Breaking a Complex Feature into Pieces
1. When we break a complex feature into pieces, it becomes easier for the user to digest and understand the information.
2. The user will be more likely to complete the task if they are not intimidated by the size of a single piece of information.
3. When we break down features into pieces, it becomes easier for us to test and release iteratively because each piece can be released on its own schedule.
The Magic Number of Chunks - 5!
The magic number of chunks is 5. This is the number that has been found to be the most effective for learners to remember information.
It's not just about how many chunks you should break down a feature. It's about what type of chunking should be used and how it will affect learner retention rates. There are two types of chunking: hierarchical and linear. Hierarchical chunking breaks down the information in a hierarchical manner, while linear chunking breaks down information in a linear way (like an outline).
The Power of Simplicity in Designing Your Learning Strategy
The conclusion of this section is to simplify your design strategy and use chunk plans to help you reach your goals.
- Create a plan for what will be done in the next 24 hours, week, month, or year.
- Create a list of goals that are achievable in the next 24 hours, week, month, or year.
- Create a list of things that need to be done in the next 24 hours, week, month or year.